The Account Director (AD) reports directly to the Director, USA and is the day-to-day lead on the Experiential Marketing (XM) account(s) and the key point of contact for the client(s) and Account Services.
The AD XM is responsible for overseeing and approving all activation planning, budget creation & management, creative proposals and presentations to the clients, managing process, program delivery, metrics reporting, junior team mentorship and profitability associated with their respective XM programming and deliverables. The role involves vendor negotiation/management, organic business development, permitting and engineering approvals on production builds, development and management of work backs, and accountability to assigned budgets. He/she, therefore, must be a highly strategic senior leader who passionately champions ideas and inspires great work – and who can, importantly, apply this thinking and produce results. Actively building and growing strong positive relationships with internal colleagues, partners and clients, alike, is key to the success of this role. The AD, XM excels at developing and mentoring those within his/her own account team and takes on these coaching opportunities with ease, proactivity and passion, providing opportunities and guidance that will drive individual success and the success of the overall agency.
The AD XM is well organized, detail-oriented and able to manage workflow in an efficient and effective manner. He/she has excellent people skills, always exudes a professional appearance and persona and must be well-prepared to excel in high pressure environments.
- Consistently pushes ‘big idea’ thinking – even when timing and budget may not allow
- Takes active ownership and accountability of all relevant projects, events and campaigns with the support of their team
- Builds and strengthens positive client relationships. Ensures all client requests are met in a timely and service-oriented manner. Manages their expectations and exceeds satisfaction by delivering innovative high quality work that pushes their business forward
- Leads an internal account team which includes Account Supervisor(s), Account Manager(s), Account Coordinator(s) and Field Managers – all of which the AD may be required to interview and hire. Trains and supervises all team members on all aspects of their day-to-day job roles and responsibilities and provides support and mentorship via annual performance and growth plans
- Fosters teamwork and a constructive work environment with internal colleagues including Account Services, Creative, Production, Digital and Senior Management. Supports and builds positive relationships with partner agencies and other relevant external suppliers including brokers, media planners/buyers and promotional partners
- Assumes responsibility for developing and managing project budgets and work back schedules and proactively advises the team and client of any risks, delays or changes
- Writes strategic documents for client presentations, POVs and campaign/project plans – as well as program wrap and analysis reports. Gathers, assesses, and compiles relevant information to support these strategies and recommendations
- Has a line of sight to their client annual plans and actively adds strategic value beyond the immediate request or brief(s). Brings fresh insights to the client’s business that will help them deliver competitive advantage
- Can confidently talk about current news, topics, trends and events – and, importantly, associate relevancy and ‘connect the dots’ to the client’s product/service and industry and current or future projects
- Oversees on-site management, supervision, and coordination of marketing programs
- Identifies and problem-solves program challenges and consults with senior management to avoid them going forward
- Monitors program progress and recommends adjustments as necessary
- Responsible for working with the Director, USA to deliver forecasted quarter and fiscal financial targets and identifying areas of organic growth.
- Works with the senior team on new business prospects and pitches, upon request
Skills & Experience
- Degree in marketing, business administration or relevant work experience within a related field.
- 8-10+ years of working knowledge in advertising and/or marketing (experiential experience required).
- 5-7 year’s experience within the alcohol industry.
- Experience must include overseeing and cultivating client relationships; project management (including strategy, creative requests, operations, client service, and execution) and solid knowledge of experiential activations within the sports, music, entertainment and promotions industry. Experience managing large scale activations and field teams in long-term programs required.
- Detail oriented – a successful project manager; can multi-task and prioritize as needed.
- Has extensive experience in taking ideas through initial concepts, creative brainstorm, presentation to the client, through to execution.
- Looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers. Is highly analytical, leveraging rigorous logic, process and methods to generate effective solutions. At the same time, is able to make smart decisions quickly
- Is service-oriented and committed to building and strengthening relationships for clients and over-delivering upon their needs and expectations
- Has an ‘always on’ / work hard, play hard approach to their job.
- Is highly motivated, a self-starter and has a sense of urgency. Demonstrates an ability to think ahead and plan next steps
- Be clear in communication and written direction to team members and clients.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and a desire to collaborate within a team environment. We are a team of big personalities and big client personalities! Has a high degree of diplomacy and professionalism with internal teams, external clients and suppliers, alike
- Possesses excellent communication, both written and verbal. Can effectively lead and facilitate discussions in a clear and compelling manner and is confident speaking his/her mind, sharing points of view, providing feedback and insights, handling difficult situations and asking for help/solicit advice, when required
- Can juggle many different projects with self-assurance and grace under pressure, change, risk or uncertainty
- Faces adversity and crises head on, providing clear direction. Does not avoid conflict or debate, but can manage through it and resolve, where required with difficult situations or clients.
- Strong financial and budget management skills
- Committed to supporting and mentoring more junior team members and colleagues. Can deliver constructive feedback on a timely basis
- Is highly organized and detail-oriented. Meticulous about record keeping and reporting: weekly client status reports, critical paths; monthly wrap reports; knows latest projects; ensures appropriate signatures on all materials (both internally and for client approvals), and contact reports (within 24 hours of meeting)
- High level in computer proficiency (Power Point, Word and Excel required)
Other Relevant Requirements
- Ability to travel 30% of the time from May – September
- Flexible work schedule that involves weekends, late nights and travel with little notice.
- Must have a valid passport (ability to travel internationally), valid driver’s license (with clear driving records), clear criminal record and be able to lift a minimum 30lbs
Community Core Values
- Being a natural born leader and being part of something special
- Creativity, imagination and the relentless pursuit of detail (never being satisfied)
- Intellectual talent and depth, coupled with a relentless dedication to the client’s success
- Continuous self-improvement
- Mutual respect and dignity in all our relationships
- Steadfastly pushes self and others for results
- Calm and patient under pressure, change and tight timelines
|Salary||Depends on Experience|